You may have the feeling like you are going to throw up. You may get confused with your Right to your Left. It can also be known as the “other Left”. This does not matter, if you have indicated to the other road uses and they know what you are doing. You are doing fine.
So, what are my TOP 10 TIPS:
1. Don’t forget to breathe – keep calm. It is just a drive.
2. The Examiner will be dressed in a safety Fluro Shirt/Vest. Should we start to Panic. That’s normal feeling – don’t get the urge to run away.
3. Ask yourself!! Do you know how to Drive? The only answer is Yes. I can do this.
4. The examiner will check the outside of the car -Indicators Front and Back; Head Lights, Tyres and Brake Lights.
(Seriously you need to check these a week before and on the day of the test).
If these are not working you will not be able to do the test.
(Now you haven’t even started the driving component yet).
(Ask yourself what I am panicking about??)
5. If you have been doing the Correct Driving Habits throughout your Learning these should be an automated process.
Example: Stopping at a Stop Sign.
* Don’t stop on top of it
* Don’t almost stopping
* Stop for a car that has stopped at the stop line. Don’t -then roll through and enter the new road.
* Absolutely No Excuses for this kind of driving
These are C/E (Critical Error). Result: FAILURE
GOOD YOU HAVE MADE IT SO FAR …. KEEP GOING!
6. Know what your local Default Speed limit in your area. Example: 50 km P/H.
The Examiner is not going to tell you.
7. Driving during the test: The main areas of the test is Observing and Scanning what is all around you.
Example: * Signaling – correctly using your indicators
* Using Mirrors – visually seen using your mirrors correctly
* Speed – always quick glance to check your speed
* Speed Management Shoulder/Blind spot Checking
8. It’s just a Drive. So, a Safe drive is what the Examiner wants.
You can ask the Examiner to repeat the instruction if you didn’t hear them correctly.
Don’t Give Up Now
9. Manoeuvres In Queensland (within the test you are required to do).
Examples: * 2 Manoeuvres, they are
* Reverse Parallel Park
* Turn around and doing a correct U-Turn
* Hill Start
* Reversing Exercise and Gear Change (Auto Cars)
10. You head back to the Training Centre when the test is finished.
When you get there, you need to correctly:
* parked the car
* applied the handbrake (Shift is in Park, if Auto)
* turn the car off.
Finally: Don’t forget to breathe, keep calm, and eyes on the road. Show that you can demonstrate you can drive safely and legally in the normal day-to-day driving. These are some things assessed in the test. Use your Underpinning Knowledge and correct Road Attitude. Remember you can do it.
It’s just a Safe Drive; Happy Motoring!!